- This event has passed.
5th Annual Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference- Baltimore
November 15, 2018 - November 16, 2018
The mission of the 5th Annual Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference is to bring together a diverse audience to create a collaborative research environment with a long term goal of developing curative approaches for metastatic breast cancer patients.The Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference was established in 2014 as an annual medical conference for metastatic breast cancer by Theresa’s Research Foundation with leadership from Dr. Matthew Ellis and Dr. Danny Welch. The specific focus on metastatic disease is based on a major unmet clinical need (incurability); thereby distinguishing this conference from other breast cancer-centered conferences. The first conference was hosted at the University of Kansas Cancer Center. In 2015, 2016 and 2017 the MBCC was hosted at Baylor College of Medicine.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Improve palliative care and end of life counseling for patients with metastatic breast cancer.
- Implement evidence-based recommendations for treatment of metastatic breast cancer and its subtypes.
- Describe how clinical trials can help improve treatment of metastatic breast cancer.
- Discuss how drug resistance pathways can be applied to the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in order to improve outcomes and quality of life.
- Discuss how biomarkers and genomic analysis can be applied to the treatment of metastatic breast cancer in order to improve outcomes and quality of life.
- November 15, 2018
- November 16, 2018
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- #AdvancedBC, #BCMets, #breastcancerresearch, #MBC, #metastatic, #metastaticbc, #metastaticbreastcancer, #TNBC, breast cancer, cancer research, clinical trials, free, palliative care, quality of life, self care, survivorship, triple negative breast cancer
- Thomas B. Turner Building- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
720 Rutland Ave
Baltimore, MD United States
- Theresa’s Research Foundation
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Lester & Sue Smith Breast Center
- Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins