- This event has passed.
Caregiving for Your Loved One with Cancer
March 19 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Watch a recording of the online webcast HERE
CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops are a cost-free way to learn about cancer-related issues from the convenience of your home or office. Leading experts in oncology provide the most up-to-date information on the telephone and online.
This workshop is for patients and their families, partners, caregivers, and friends who are interested in learning more about strategies for living with and managing a cancer diagnosis.
- Definition of a Caregiver
- Talking with Each Other about Shared Expectations
- What Research Tells Us About: Caregiving for an Older Adult & Caregiving for a Younger Adult
- The Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Care Coordination, Challenges & Tips
- Stresses on Family, Partners, Friends & Loved Ones
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners & Traditions
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Practical Tips for Managing Caregivers’ Stress
- Key Strategies for Self-Care
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts