- This event has passed.
Project LEAD® Institute 2020
July 26 - July 31
The Project LEAD® Institute is a six-day intensive science course for breast cancer advocates covering the basics of cancer biology, genetics, epidemiology, research design and advocacy. This course provides a foundation of scientific knowledge upon which participants can strengthen and empower themselves as activists. Taught by a renowned research faculty, this is a unique opportunity for those interested in learning more about working as an NBCC research advocate.
At the Project LEAD® Institute, participants will:
- Learn the language and concepts of the science of breast cancer, including cancer biology, genetics, genomics and proteomics, the roles of DNA, RNA, and proteins, and the development of cancer at the molecular level;
- Distinguish between descriptive studies, analytic studies, clinical trials, and meta-analyses, and identify the extent to which each establishes causality;
- Acquire the skills to critically interpret scientific literature, and to become educated about scientific aspects of breast cancer;
- Become familiar with the wide range of consumer advocacy opportunities, and how breast cancer research decisions are made;
- Gain the necessary leadership and advocacy development skills to confidently participate in the scientific community as a breast cancer advocate and a supporter to end breast cancer for everyone.
- July 26
- July 31
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- #AdvancedBC, #BCMets, #MBC, #metastatic, #metastaticbc, #metastaticbreastcancer, Advocacy, breast cancer, cancer research, immunotherapy, patient advocacy
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel
9700 N Torrey Pines Rd
La Jolla, CA 92037 United States
- National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC)