- This event has passed.
Update on Clinical Trials: How they Work
March 2, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EST
CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops are a cost-free way to learn about cancer-related issues from the convenience of your home or office. Leading experts in oncology provide the most up-to-date information on the telephone and online.
This workshop is for people interested in participating in a clinical trial, their families, partners, caregivers, friends and health care professionals.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of Clinical Trials and Why They Are Important
- What Happens in a Clinical Trial?
- The Meaning of Informed Consent
- Benefits and Risks of Participation
- How and Where Clinical Trials Are Conducted
- How Can You Participate in Clinical Trials
- Specific Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Clinical Trials
- Accessing Resources for Clinical Trials
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
- March 2, 2018
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EST
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- #BCMets, #breastcancerresearch, #MBC, #metastatic, #metastaticbc, #metastaticbreastcancer, #TNBC, breast cancer, cancer research, clinical trials, free, triple negative breast cancer
- View Organizer Website