- This event has passed.
What Are Biosimilars? Understanding Their Role in Cancer Treatments
May 24, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops are a cost-free way to learn about cancer-related issues from the convenience of your home or office. Leading experts in oncology provide the most up-to-date information on the telephone and online.
This workshop is for patients and their families, partners, caregivers, and friends who are interested in learning more about biosimilars and generic drugs.
- Overview & Definition of Biosimilars
- The Difference Between Biosimilars & Generic Drugs
- How Biosimilars Work & Their Use
- Examples of Biosimilars
- Implications in Managing the Cost of Cancer Treatments
- Clinical Trials: How Biosimilar Research Contributes to Treatment Options
- The Benefits of Biosimilars
- Current Use in the Care of People Living with Cancer
- Manufacturing & Safety Issues
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team About Biosimilars
- Current & Future Perspectives
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts