Participating in Decisions about Your Care
June 19 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Watch a recording of the online webcast HERE
CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops are a cost-free way to learn about cancer-related issues from the convenience of your home or office. Leading experts in oncology provide the most up-to-date information on the telephone and online.
This workshop is for patients, caregivers, family members, partners, or friends who are interested in learning about strategies for navigating a cancer diagnosis.
- Coping with the Practical, Social & Emotional Challenges of Cancer
- How a Cancer Diagnosis Affects Family, Partners & Loved ones
- Selecting a Cancer Care Team & Treatment Facility
- What to do when Presented with Multiple Treatment Options
- When & How to Seek a Second Opinion
- Getting Copies of Your Medical Reports
- Anticipating, Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects
- Understanding Treatment Choices, Follow-Up Care Plan & Survivorship Care Plan
- Self-Care Tips
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts