- This event has passed.
For Caregivers: Care Coordination for Your Loved One Living with Cancer & Other Health Problems
June 17, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
Watch a recording of the online webcast HERE
CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops are a cost-free way to learn about cancer-related issues from the convenience of your home or office. Leading experts in oncology provide the most up-to-date information on the telephone and online.
This workshop is for caregivers who are interested in understanding care coordination for your family member, partner, spouse, or friend being treated for cancer and other health problems.
- Overview of Cancer & Co-Morbidities
- The Role of Caregivers in Care Coordination for People Living with Cancer & Co-Morbidities
- Tips for Communicating with the Health Care Team about Care Coordination
- Challenges of Coordinating Your Loved One’s Care & Follow-Up Appointments
- Adherence – Taking Pills on Schedule
- Lead time in Refilling Prescriptions & Planning for Visitors, Weekends, Special Occasions, Travel & Holidays
- Resources for the Costs of Care, including Homecare
- Finding the Practical Help You Need: Co-Pay Foundations & Federal, State & Local Programs
- Legal Advocacy Tips for Caregivers
- Learning How to Appeal Insurance, Medical, Medicaid & Provider Denials
- Other Resources, VA Benefits & Family Medical Leave Act/FMLA
- Tips on Choosing Community & Medical Resources to Improve Your Quality-of-Life
- Time Saving Self-Care/Self-Advocacy Tips for Caregivers
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts